Monday, September 29, 2008

Paul Newman

When I heard Paul Newman had died last week, I immediately went to the New York Times website to read his obituary. Paul Newman was a fox.

Anyhow, after reading the article about his life and legacy, I noticed some supplements to the text. Usually, I ignore everything but the story when I browse newspaper websites, but the picture/audio slide show and the plain picture slide show with captions really added to the story of his life. It was the first time I really appreciated new media. Well done, New York Times.

1 comment:

Elyse said...

Ha way to go Clair, I see we have both become more computer savvy within the last week (liking the website to certain words).

I was so sad to hear that Paul Newman died...let's just say my dad has made me watch The Sting and Cool Hand Luke more than a handful of times. I completely agree with you that the little extras definitely made the obituary come to life. He was famous for his good looks, smooth lines, and great movies, so it was only logical to add the audio/picture slide show. Sad to see you go cool hand Luke.