In lecture today the Thanksgiving leftovers story was mentioned. I agree with what Prof. Follis was saying. But beyond that, I thought the whole thing was poorly executed.
I designed news front last night, and knew about that story weeks ago. It was actually supposed to be a center package, but it obviously wasn't center package material so it was pushed to the bottom of the page.
The DI is pushing for more ASFs, and seems to be running into countless problems with them. I think it's because ASFs are quite difficult to put together. Here we are, sitting in writing classes so we can write linear, beautiful stories, and the real world is trying to move on to quick information with multiple entry points. It's hard to make the switch. I have a lot of trouble with ASFs.
The solution? I sure don't have one. If I did I would put together great non-stories. Maybe a new class should be added to the curriculum dedicated solely to story alternatives. I would hate that class, but I'm out of here soon so it's no skin off my back, and I'm sure it would be helpful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I completely agree about ASFs being really hard to do. We never really learn how to do them, and then when we attempt to execute them, they are not that good. Well, at least mine aren't, and apparently the DI's aren't either. I think we should have a class devoted to things like ASFs too. I know it would be extremely useful.
Post a Comment