I know this is a little late to be mentioning it, but I've had this written down (on a post-it) for weeks to blog about, and I must get it off my chest.
Remember a few weeks ago when the Daily Illini had a redesign? And then an un-redesign?
How silly. If the people at the top who decided to go with the Tribunesque redesign in the first place were unsure that it was the best move to make, it should have never been introduced. Taking it back the next day looked unprofessional, and the editor's note certainly didn't make things better.
I'm not blaming anyone for this maneuver, but I think there should have been a little more considering and less jumping into things in such an important decision. And frankly, if the redesign ran, it shouldn't have been revoked. These types of occurrences are the reasons "make your bed and lie in it" became an adage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree that more planning should have occurred with the re-design. However, I'm a little confused. I thought the re-design that was revoked was the new masthead. I know that the rest of the paper was still in the new re-design format. So were you talking about the masthead? I'm just going to assume you were! Again, while I think that more planning should have occurred, I understand that they really disliked the new masthead and don't think they should have continued using it. Especially because they could change it back so quickly. I don't think enough people would have noticed for it to really matter. But yeah, they definitely should have carefully planned the launch of the re-design.
Post a Comment